Tuesday, February 28, 2012

FMN: The Mask and Tron Legacy

Although I seem to have a hard time finding enough time to post, our movie nights continue on!  I have a lot that we have done that haven't made it up yet so my goal is to get them up over the next couple of weeks.  They won't be in order because, well, honestly, I can't remember when we did some and I was too busy/lazy/etc to get the pics dated. :( Really though, you probably don't care WHEN they were done as long as you get to see WHAT was done. ;)

Here to start off a marathon of Family Movie Night posts: The Mask and Tron Legacy

The Mask

I apologize in advance for the quality of these pictures.  I took them on my phone and they didn't turn out too well.  V-Girl had a friend over for this movie night so I made masks for all the kids out of bright green construction paper.


I had the kids face their masks the wrong way. oops!  In the pic below L-Monster has his turned the right way. :)

For the treats, I topped cupcakes with yellow frosting and wrapped the base in matching paper that had a black stripe at the bottom. I added a black paper "feather" and sat them on a matching circle to make fedora hats just like Jim Carrey wears in the movie.

The picture is pretty bad but I thought the cupcakes turned out good!





Tron Legacy

It was pretty easy coming up with ideas for this movie since Family Fun Website has a section of treat ideas and printables!

I opted for the Tron Light Cycle Wheelie Pies which were easy to make (this was before Pilsbury came out with a whoopie pie kit which makes it even easier!) and they tasted great.  Except that I put in too much frosting.  When ever the kids complained of the amount of frosting (and that is usually all they eat) I knew I had gone overboard. LOL. ;p


I told the kids to get dressed in all black and then gave them glow sticks and we were set to start the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment